The Packaging leader Smurfit Kappa has launched a new range of e bottle packaging solutions for the immediately growing online beverage and liquids market. The new documents include various sustainable solutions for single and multi-pack products, including the Roller the bottle pack, BiPack and Pop-up insert.
The surge in e-commerce due to the Covid-19 pandemic is apparent across all sectors, and the beverage market has also seen a meaningful impact. Improper, online sales for alcoholic beverages have improved by 34% in Europe, driving demand for sustainable, long-lasting, and customer-friendly packaging that maintains the product during shipment.
The beverage e-commerce channels’ significant challenges are product damage, sustainability, customer activity, and the capacity to accelerate growth using the right packing processes. The Customer research conducted by Smurfit Kappa also shows the customers are proceeding to push for higher standards.
The research found :
- Over two thirds (69%) of customers preferred paper-based packaging.
- Over half (59%) of customers want the parcel to be easy to open.
- 1 in 10 customers will consider re-ordering in the case of damage.
Commenting on the decision, Arco Berkenbosch, VP Innovation and Development at Smurfit Kappa Europe, said: “Our new eBottle product series gives beverage businesses a suite of fit-for-purpose and bespoke packaging solutions, which discusses the key difficulties for their e-commerce channel. The innovative range, connected with our focus on e-commerce processes, supply chain, and customer experience, have all offered to increased sales and greater capabilities for our customers.”
Smurfit Kappa also offered a host of automated clarifications to optimize packaging processes in addition to the eBottle range. This unique product portfolio’s launching is the newest addition to its range of Better Planet Packaging, produced more sustainable and growing from a renewable and recyclable raw material. The Businesses are now recovering in the alcoholic beverage division.
The InterDrinks is an eMerchant selling more than 2,500 various types of beers and beer products. Smurfit Kappa interjected a flexible and unique packaging solution that accommodates all the different sized products sold by InterDrinks. It also involves an automatic assembly that mounts the packs as required.
Herwin Wichers, Market Development Director at Smurfit Kappa, declared: “The online European alcohol beverage market is deserving €5.6 billion, and we want to support organizations take advantage of the real growth and opportunity in this segment. As a result of the executed packaging and automation solution by InterDrinks, it has expanded its packing and filling capacity by 66%, providing it to fulfill more bookings, faster.”
Read More Article
- Biodegradable plastic – The complete details
- A new symbol for the sterile medical device packaging by Sterile Barrier System
- A new biodegradable standard introduced by the British Standards Institution
- Surprisingly History Facts of Paper Bottle and FFS Machine– John Van Wormer (1856 – 1942)
- How will ceramic coating film help in the future growth of packaging?
- What can we expect from the packaging engineer in 2021?
- Know your UN packaging codes – The complete guide