The standards expected of packaging for the pharmaceutical industry are some of the most exacting. In this profoundly regulated sector, necessary medical supplies must be assured to guarantee their effectiveness and protection.
MCB (PH 0.3) gives pharmaceutical businesses a new MMK packaging choice that makes a decisive contribution to sustainability and complies with the pharmaceutical industry’s high safety standards. This premium quality product manufactured in the German MMK plant in Gernsbach is based on Multicolor Belvedere, the EU market’s best-selling recycled carton board with a white backside.
Suggested for the 2D matrix code
MCB (PH 0.3) surpasses with optimum coding properties for inkjet and laser as well as excellent results for embossed Braille printing and gives the recommended quality for pharmaceutical folding cartons bearing a 2D matrix code as a unique identifying feature (by directive 2011/62/EU Falsified Medicines Directive since 2019 2D matrix codes must be added to the primary and exterior packaging of all medicinal products).
Together with Supra (PH 0.3) and Multicolor Mirabell (PH 0.3), Multicolor Belvedere (PH 0.3) is the third recycled cartonboard suitable for pharmaceutical use in the Mayr-Melnhof carton board product portfolio.
Cartonboard solutions for applications in the pharmaceutical sector allow no room for error. Mm Karton pays precise attention to:
- High delivery reliability and short delivery times an essential service components
- Good surface properties for perfect braille printing and good printability and coat-ability
- Optimum coding properties (inkjet and laser) for applying 2d matrix codes for verifying the authenticity of a medicine, avoiding counterfeits, and guaranteeing complete traceability
- Consistent quality to ensure uniform processing, and efficient packing process, and an appearance that is always the same
- Moisture barrier (freeze barrier) to protect against moisture for cold-chain products during storage and transport in refrigerators or freezers