The Gualapack’s roots are in Italy, a country where 90% of the population drinks coffee every day. As Italians, we will nevermore say no to excellent espresso. We are very concerned about sustainability at a similar time, which is why we are designing for recyclability and the coffee market.
The Gualapack offers a complete range of laminates for coffee packaging, featuring high mechanical performance and total protection from gas and moisture to preserve fragrance and aroma.
We have recently launched new recyclable solutions specifically designed for the coffee business, including mono-material laminates and compostable lids for coffee capsules.
RECYCLABLE LAMINATES FOR COFFEE PACKAGING
In recent years, we have worked a lot in the direction of the circular economy, developing more sustainable solutions in flexible packaging.
For the coffee industries, we now offer mono-material PP laminates. Made of high-performance and tailor-made polypropylene resins, they are designed to collect, sort, and recycle in the PP stream.
The Gualapack has also developed LAMINEXT, a family of compostable and bio-based laminates.
COMPOSTABLE BIO-BASED LIDS FOR COFFEE CAPSULES
Capsules are becoming the new most common way of getting a coffee, at home and on-the-go.
As a portion of our commitment to sustainability, we have developed our brand-new biodegradable and compostable lids for coffee capsules, made of raw materials certified according to the industrial composting norm EN 13432. (GMO-free).
Read More Article
- Biodegradable plastic – The complete details
- A new symbol for the sterile medical device packaging by Sterile Barrier System
- A new biodegradable standard introduced by the British Standards Institution
- Surprisingly History Facts of Paper Bottle and FFS Machine– John Van Wormer (1856 – 1942)
- How will ceramic coating film help in the future growth of packaging?
- What can we expect from the packaging engineer in 2021?
- Know your UN packaging codes – The complete guide