Werner & Mertz’s Frosch-brand introduced the Frog Packaging with Mondi Group

It’s not an easy task being green – or circular – but by changing the conventional model of product design on upper part, Mondi Group and Werner & Mertz GmbH, a German maker of washing products, have explored a new approach, developing a recyclable, flexible, mono-material packaging for Werner & Mertz’s Frosch-brand detergent products.

Approximately 85 percent of the packaging material used (low-density polyethylene, or LDPE), having spout and cap, is unprinted. It indicates the transparent material can be recovered without degradation of quality. The rest 15 percent is still fully recyclable, since the plastic is free of glues or adhesives, and can enjoy the new life in other applications.

MondiGroup

Vihaan Nagal

संवेष्टन अभियान्ता | Packaging Engineer | Verpackung Ingenieur *Free time blogger *Believe in packaging reform (say naa to orthodox packaging) My life lies between degradable and non-degradable material.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *