The objective of stability testing is to secure that a new or modified product matches the expected physical, chemical, and microbiological quality standards as well as functionality and aesthetics as when stored under suitable conditions.
The development of the product and packaging cycle of cosmetic products is comparatively short to other segments, and also, the testing exercise does not become reasonable because of the number of product launches each year. So the developer should design their stability testing program such that it is fair and efficiently approaches the testing required.
• Stability test of cosmetic products under suitable conditions
• Chemical testing,
• Microbiological growth
• The compatibility between the product and the pack
• Functional analysis for the opening and closing for the packaging material
• Performance parameter for the prolonged use and transport analysis
• Sustainability test – checking the product in a recyclable and biodegradable container
So, predicated the shelf life on various factors
Scale-Up Stability Testing
Shade and Fragrance Variations
Parameter variability during product shelf life